Meet our Lawyers
Owner and Managing Attorney at Armooh-Williams, PLLC.
Joyce Williams is the Owner and Managing Attorney at Armooh-Williams, PLLC. She focuses her practice on International Trade, Business, and Immigration Law. Prior to founding Armooh-Williams, PLLC, Joyce worked as a consultant at SILLAC, S.C where she advised individuals and multinational companies from Latin America and the Caribbean on U.S Trade policies.
From 2013 to 2017, she worked at the United Nations Commission on International Trade Law in Incheon, South Korea, the National Law Center for Inter American Free Trade in Tucson, Arizona, and the International Law Institute in Washington, D.C.
Joyce, through the Africa Bar Association and the American Bar Association, has provided technical assistance to lawyers and governments across Africa on the use of Arbitration as a vehicle to improve the business environment and attract foreign direct investments.
Joyce Williams currently serves on the boards of United Community Ministries (UCM) and Asankrangwa Kroye Kuo. She volunteers at UCM-Progreso where she provides pro bono legal services for clients on the path to US citizenship. She is a former board member of Bakashana in Zambia.
- International trade
- Immigration law
- Business law & corporate governance
- American Bar Association - Member
- Section of International Law, American Bar Association
- Vice Chair, Rule of Law International Trade Committee
- Vice Chair, Publications Corporate Counsel Committee
- Editor in Chief, Africa Law Today Journal, Africa Committee
- Vice Chair, Communication & Policy, Africa Committee
- African Bar Association, Special Advisor, Programs & Partnerships
- American Society of International Law - Member
- United States Supreme Court
- United States District Court, District of Arizona
- The state of Arizona
- Arizona Summit Law School (Juris Doctor of Law)
- Campbell University (Bachelor of Arts Economics)
- Diversity Fellow, American Bar Association, Section of International Law
- Outstanding Committee Member, Africa Committee, ABA-SIL.
- Outstanding Collaboration Between Committees on a Non-CLE Committee Program “Enhanced Supply Chain Security: Combating Human Trafficking and Other Smuggling Through Legitimate Trade.” ABA-SIL.
- Heart of the Community Award, United Community Ministries
- Go West, Young Woman, Grow up with Your Passion. Careers In International Law, Fifth Edition. Editor: Marcelo Bombau ISBN 978-1-64105-334-1 American Bar Association-Section of International Law, Chicago USA (2019)
- The Role of Harmonized Law in Regulating the Use of Digital Technology in the Global Trading System. Contractual Issues In Private International Law. Editors: Prof. Dr. Sibel ÖZEL / Assoc. Prof. Dr. Mustafa ERKAN. ISBN 978-605-7909-50-3. 1. BASKI - İSTANBUL, AR ALIK (2018)
- Joyce Williams, Editor, The Counsel, ABA International Corporate Counsel Newsletter, Vol 1 (2017).
- Joyce Williams, “Analysis of the CISG Article 35-Conformity of the Goods in the Changing Power Dynamics of Corporate Social Responsibility”, Comparative Law Journal of the Pacific. ISSN: 17721644. (2015).
- Glenys P. Spence and Joyce Williams, “The Applicability of the U.N. Convention on the International Sale of Goods (CISG) to Emerging and Developing Economies” Brazil and the CISG,” ISBN 978- 8566722- 31-4 (2015).
- Joyce Williams, "Increasing Private Sector Participation in Ghana through the Adoption and Implementation of the CISG." Africa Law Today, Vol. 4, Issue 4 (2012).
- Panelist: Africa Legal Conference, Washington College of Law, American University Annual Conference, Washington, DC (2019)
- Panelist: Contractual Issues in Private International Law, Marmara University Annual Legal Conference, Istanbul, Turkey (2018)
- Panelist: Rule of Law: Harmonization of African Laws to Achieve African Union’s Agenda 2063-Issues & Challenges. African Bar Association, 3rd Annual Meeting, Nairobi, Kenya. (2018)
- Panelist: Regulating the unknown: What is Block Chain Technology and Why Should Governments in Africa Care. African Business Roundtable, Nairobi, Kenya. (2018)
- Panelist: The Role of The Diaspora in U.S – Africa Trade and Investment. 17th U.S-Africa Trade and Economic Cooperation Forum: AGOA Summit, Washington D.C. (2018)
- Anchor Person: The Role of Arbitration Practitioners in the Development of Arbitration in Africa. Fourth SOAS Arbitration in Africa Conference, Kigali, Rwanda. (2018)
- Panelist: Creating Sustainable Businesses in Ghana for Shared Economic Prosperity, Rethinking Non-Profits as a Business Model. Ghana Diaspora Business Development Conference, Washington D.C. (2018)
- Panelist: Creating a Sustainable Business Environment in Africa, the role of lawyers and the Business Community. African Bar Association, 2nd Annual Meeting, Port Harcourt, Nigeria. (2017)
- Speaker: Creating an Inclusive Bar: Opportunities and Challenges for Young African Lawyers. Young Lawyer’s Forum. African Bar Association, Port Harcourt, Nigeria. (2017)
- Panelist: Pathways to Employment in International Law. American Bar Association-Section of International Law /Philip C. Jessup International Law Moot Court Washington D.C. (2017)
- Speaker: Understanding the Confusion surrounding the Trump Administration’s Repeal of the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrival (DACA). DACA Information Session, UCM-Progreso, Alexandria, Virginia. (2017)
- Panelist: Examining the impact of the rule of law on realizing the benefits of international trade: the importance of formal, independent and impartial judiciary in Africa. Rule of Law Conference, African Bar Association, Harare, Zimbabwe. (2016)
- Panelist: Adoption and Implementation of the WTO's Agreement on Trade Facilitation in the African Region. The New York-Africa Forum, Libreville, Gabon. (2015)
- Panelist: Comparison of the Convention on the Recognition and Enforcement of Foreign Arbitral Awards (New York Convention) (1958) and Ghana’s ADR Act 2010. The Evolving Spectrum in ADR Conference, Accra, Ghana. (2015)
- Panelist: Conformity of the Goods in the Context of Corporate Social Responsibility. Trade Development through the Harmonization of Commercial Law UNCITRAL-UM Conference, Macau, SAR. (2014)
- Moderator: The Legal Implications of Regional Integration Systems in Africa. Teleconference, (2014)
- Panelist: The Wealth of Latin America and the Caribbean: Investing in the Latin America and the Caribbean Region. Webinar, Sept. (2014)
- Speaker: Invest in Ghana: Do Business in Ghana. Symposium, Washington, D.C. (2014)
- Panelist: Buyer’s obligations and risk of loss under the CISG. CISG Congress, Curitiba, Brazil. (2014)
Victor Olabode Munis
Foreign Consultant at Armooh-Williams, PLLC.
Victor is a Foreign Consultant at Armooh-Williams, PLLC and a Legal Advisor at a financial services company in the United Kingdom. He focuses his Practice on Energy & Natural Resources Law, Banking & Finance, Insurance, Corporate/Commercial Law, International Trade, Property Law and Arbitration.
Before joining Armooh-Williams, PLLC as a foreign consultant Victor was a Partner in the Transactions Department of TRLPLAW Solicitors & Advocates in Nigeria. He has advised several clients on compliance with various legislations in the Nigerian shipping industry, power industry and the alienation of property in Nigeria. Victor has drafted several agreements for various oil and gas projects. He carries out a lot of due diligence necessities and research on the local content regime in Nigeria.
Victor conducted a major research on investor guarantees commissioned by the Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS) and participated in advising clients in securing foreign investment in the Banking sector in Nigeria. Victor has provided company secretarial services and legal services to the concessionaire of the largest hydro power plant in Nigeria. Victor worked with a team of lawyers in the privatization of the PHCN company in the recent power privatization program of the Federal Government of Nigeria where he represented a consortium that bid and won the concession of two large hydro power plants. He acted as legal adviser to the Association of Power Generation Companies in Nigeria.
Victor has been mentoring students on the University of Manchester’s “Manchester Gold Mentoring” program since 2012.
- Energy & Natural Resources Law
- Banking & Finance, Insurance
- Corporate/Commercial Law
- International Trade
- Property Law
- International Arbitration
- Member, Nigerian Bar Association
- Member, International Bar Association
- Member, American Bar Association
- Vice Chair: (Membership & Policy) Cross-Border Practice Management Committee
- Vice Chair: (Communications), Africa Committee
- Member, Young International Arbitration Group
- Associate Member, Chartered Institute of Arbitrators (UK)
- Member, Lagos Court of Arbitration (LCA)
- The University of Manchester LL.M (International Business & Commercial Law) 2009-2010
- Nigerian Law School B.L (Bar Vocational Course: License to practice as a Barrister and Solicitor) 2006-2007
- University of Lagos LL.B (Hons.) 1994 – 2000
- Thomson Reuters Compliance Training: Anti-Bribery and Anti-Corruption (Global) 2018
- London Institute of Business & Management: Anti-Money Laundering Course 2019
- French - Conversational
- Portuguese - Conversational
- Top 40 under 40 Lawyers - Nigerian Legal Awards 2016
- Dealmaker of the year - TRLPLAW Awards 2015